Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Axe Ad



I found this ad very witty amongst some of the others I was considering. I believe that the target audience was young adults and teenagers. I draw this conclusion because of the fact that it utilizes a vocabulary that surpasses that of a child's and also implies subjects such as sexuality and eroticism. I believe that the literal message would in a sense be that Axe attracts sexually appealing and attractive words towards it and while doing so, blatantly implies that the same concept is to be applied in reality. It is utilizing the insecurity and desires of many young adults in their pursuit for love and happiness in the sense that it attempts to convince the consumer that they need it in order to attract such love and happiness. I believe that the strategies behind any product marketing sex appeal (very much so Axe) are to take psychological advantage of their consumer's insecurities and temptations. I find this to be a very efficient advertisement, especially in it's utilization of a witty analogy within a simple and understandable format. It is just perplexing enough to engage the consumer and provoke them to think about the product and simple enough to not allow the consumer to stray away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers